Friday, January 5, 2007

it's the coffee

I blame it on the coffee. Nowadays, caffeine can give you an immediate out of body experience. People rarely sit for a cup and the caffeine seems to exacerbate our lifestyle. Fast cars go faster when fueled by a one-handed driver with a latte. Since it takes two hands to signal and drive, nobody signals anymore. Like a school of fish, everyone depends upon automobile telepathy as they weave in and out of traffic.

The news is filled with stories that make you wonder about caffeine. Could it be a substance that contributes to the craziness in the world? I began to think so.

So, I tested my theory and stopped drinking caffeine for a week. I did notice that I wasn’t in such a hurry. I also had a headache the size of Texas. I felt as if I’d joined the NASCAR circuit and my car was stuck at 50. Coffee in hand, drivers tailgated, cut in front, and sped at unbelievable speeds – I feared for my life.

So knowing that we won’t be celebrating a “CAFFEINE FREE” Day anytime soon, I’ve rejoined the masses. The difference is that now I am aware. I drink my coffee before I get in the car and I use my blinkers when I switch lanes. I don’t drive as fast and I’m still annoyed that people risk my life to get to their job on time. I blame it on the coffee.

©2007

No comments: